Embodied learning involves teaching with immersive, digital interactive games and has been researched and developed by academics at Arizona State University who have now developed SMALLab Learning, a company producing the SMALLab (a fully immersive, 3D interactive space) and Flow (an interactive tool based on the XBox Kinect add-on).
On my study tour of the US, I visited the following schools to investigate the ways they were using the SMALLab Learning systems:
- Phoenix Country Day School – Phoenix, Arizona
- Pardes Jewish Day School – Phoenix, Arizona
In addition, I spoke with Dr. Mina Jonhson-Glenberg about the technology and her research into it.
My posts to date on SMALLab and embodied learning:
- Welcome (my first blog post) – October 1, 2012
- Embodied learning with SMALLab and Flow – October 17, 2012
- Technology in the classroom: are we using it in meaningful ways? – October 20, 2012